The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDiskSweeper
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ods 1.5 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Any news on ODS 1.5?? It appears to still be in beta 2. The app is quite stable on my Mac :)

Corentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortig
Any news on ODS 1.5?? It appears to still be in beta 2. The app is quite stable on my Mac :)

Corentin

I guess I have my answer now :) It was just released :)
Unfortunately, the web site does not offer any of the localized versions :(

Corentin

Last edited by Cortig; 2006-03-29 at 04:24 PM..

I've never even considered localisation for ODS... I mean: For me it has three interface elements: Choosing the right volume, a "sweep" button and a "delete" button. None of them really _need_ translating, I think. On the other hand, since it's not really _much_ to translate, I guess there should only be an international version. :P Either way. This is just me babbling. ;)

In some respect, I agree, but beyond the interface there is also the Help files etc. Some people really don't understand a word of English and appreciate having the application in their own language.
I also noticed, because I knew the app had a localization ready :) (at least for French - I know the people who localized it ;) ).

If I spoke French (or whatever), I would be extremely annoyed if I was forced to use a program in a language other than my own. (I find it annoying even when programs in English are poorly written.) Localization really should be more of a priority, methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysogonus
If I spoke French (or whatever), I would be extremely annoyed if I was forced to use a program in a language other than my own. (I find it annoying even when programs in English are poorly written.) Localization really should be more of a priority, methinks.

Personnally I can use the app in English, but for some people, it's not even an option: they simply don't speak English. That's my main motivation for localizing apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysogonus
C'mon, when will we see the OmniApps translated to Basque?!

As soon as Omni finds a Basque localizer. Personnaly, I can't do it. I would love to, but I simply don't speak the language.