The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Dates wrong after sync in iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm in timezone GMT+10 and the same thing continues.

I've always had time zone support selected.

The times have always been fine until one of the releases in the last week or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastiger View Post
I'm in timezone GMT+10 and the same thing continues. I've always had time zone support selected.
Well, there goes my theory that turning on time zone support helps the problem. :)

Quote:
The times have always been fine until one of the releases in the last week or so.
We haven't changed anything in our date synchronization recently, but we did recently fix a bug in our date selection code which would cause our date inspector to use a default time of noon rather than midnight. So if you've been using the inspectors, you've perhaps been getting due dates of noon until now, and when noon was synchronized with iCal it was still the same date.

I guess we can work around this problem by always telling iCal that the due time is noon (rather than the actual value from OmniFocus), but that's a disappointing solution since it means that other clients that don't have this problem won't get to see the actual time anymore.

Forget iCal. OF now has yesterday's items [8] showing up in red, and today's items in orange.

The problem still exists with the latest release. I tried everything (time zones...), I deleted the calendars in iCal and resynced, no changes...

I this a Leopard-specific problem?

Hey, I have to bring this up again, 'cause nothing changed over the last releases.

OF still suffers from this 1-Day-Before-sync-issue :-(

We investigated this further, and the correct date is being synchronzied to the Calendar database. Unfortunately, iCal displays the wrong date on 10.5 if you're in a timezone East of London.

Apple is aware of this problem and is looking into fixing it, but I don't know when that fix might appear. In the meantime, the only possible workaround seems to be for us to synchronize dates without times (since the bug only happens when we specify a due time). This means that any other calendar programs reading the database wouldn't get to see the time, but at least iCal would display the correct date.

Hi Ken,

thank you very much for your answer! I hope Apple will fix this soon ;-)

Anyway, OF rocks!!! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We investigated this further, and the correct date is being synchronzied to the Calendar database. Unfortunately, iCal displays the wrong date on 10.5 if you're in a timezone East of London.

Apple is aware of this problem and is looking into fixing it, but I don't know when that fix might appear. In the meantime, the only possible workaround seems to be for us to synchronize dates without times (since the bug only happens when we specify a due time). This means that any other calendar programs reading the database wouldn't get to see the time, but at least iCal would display the correct date.
Could you try to apply the workaround via a preference (albeit hidden)? This could give some relief to the problem, while not impacting "westerners" users. The problem is very, very annoying and, you know, Apple is know not to be so fast to solve problems... :-(

tx