The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Disclosure Triangles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In OF 1.7.1, my disclosure triangles only appear when the mouse hovers over the action group. However, if an action group has child actions, I want to see the disclosure triangles permanently displayed. In Omni Outliner, the Inspector lets you "show handles" always, under mouse, or never. I want Omni Focus to always show handles (a.k.a disclosure triangles). Is there a way to fix this in Omni Focus, either through Preferences or through the Inspector?

Are you using a custom style. I recall that there was a bug with disclosure triangles and custom styles, even in 1.6. Perhaps it's still there.

Curt

Resetting your action group settings in Preferences > Styles may solve this issue, as discussed in this thread.

Thank you!

Yes, I was apparently experiencing the same bug. I hit "reset" in style preferences and the triangles went back to the way I like them. : )

The 1.8 sneaky peek of 5/21/2010 indicates that this is fixed, but it does not 'stick' for my saved themes that were created prior to this release. I can edit the 'reset' theme and save it, so the change does appear to work, sort of. Just wondering if I should go ahead and recreate a new theme, or will this be tweaked further in a later SP release?

The setting of the handles can actually be tweaked in the theme file. The easiest way I can think of to make sure your custom theme is not overriding the defaults is to open the ofocus-theme file in something like Apple's Property List Editor or Pref Setter.

Then look for this key in the left column:
item-handle-mode(com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner)

As far as I know, the possible values of the key are "always", "hover", and "never". So for example, if you want the handles to show up, change the value to "always".

Last edited by Cottser; 2010-05-23 at 07:37 AM..

Nice tip-thanks! I edited the theme file in the Path Finder text editor and everything works as you say.