The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fully Functional GMail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the release notes, it states that GMail will work if you identify yourself as using OmniWeb. For me, this wasn't the case but when I changed the preferences of the site to lie and claim I'm visiting with FireFox, GMail became fully functional; even GMail chat became active. I tried again to fool GMail with Safari but with no luck.

I'm using gmail with SP3 without problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm using gmail with SP3 without problems.
Holy crap! You guys are right! I spoof as either FF 1.5.01 Mac or Windows, and gmail works perfectly, albeit much more slowly than in Safari or FF. When I spoof as FF on Windows, Gmail chat works, and I even get the rich text formatting in mail composition.

This is precisely the sort of value that OW adds to the Mac browsing experience, and that keeps me upgrading. :)

Thank you, Omni people!