The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-sync on opening? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys, first post, new to both OF (past few weeks) and OF Iphone (today!)

Am I missing something, or does OF on my iphone not sync automatically when I open it? I seem to have to sync manually, which isn't a big deal, but I would have thought this was an obvious thing to do on opening?

Cheers chaps

NG

There is a setting to turn on auto-syncing. If you have that on it'll sync if it hasn't done so in the past hour. I think it's an hour, but anyway the point is it won't do it every time you launch it.

Sync details are in the FAQ (at the bottom) here: http://www.omnigroup.com/application.../#iphoneSync-7

As MacBerry noted, there is a switch for enabling or disabling automatic syncing. However, that is only on the iPhone (or iPod touch), not on the desktop. Also, auto-sync is on by default - you have to turn it off if you don't want it.