The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to "push up" schedule? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Normally projects get delayed. In OmniPlan, you just tell a task that it's not yet complete, and the program automatically "pushes back" everything else to show that the project will get done later than expected. That feature has been working fine for me.

However, now I have the opposite problem: I'm working on a task that will obviously get finished in half the time. How do I "push up" the schedule?

I'm sure I'll finish this task this afternoon; and at that point, I'll want to start working on the next task. But OmniPlan still has the next task scheduled for tomorrow.

What can I do? I was hoping that if a task was "ahead of schedule" that the display item for it in the Gantt chart would automatically shrink--but I'd be happy if there was a button I could click to do this.

Thanks for any help!

Aha! There is already a thread on this.

But no feature has been added for this in the last year?

Sorry, no. It's still in our database to consider for a future release.