The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trouble with scripts that require selected trees of content Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This cropped up a few revs back. I'm trying to run some of the popular scripts from Curt, etc. which require that the user select a task (e.g., open linked item). Even though a project or task is selected, OmniFocus reports an error: "You must first select a project or action"

Thanks for your help in solving this one.

-Alex

Can you name a specific script? I haven't had any trouble recently, but I don't use all of my scripts on a daily basis.

Curt

Thanks for responding Curt. Any script that requires the user to select a project or action before executing the script. Best example is "Open Linked Item"

Thanks again,
Alex

Hmm, it works fine for me. (OS X 10.4.11, OF rev 95760) Note that you have to select the item in the main content pane, not in the sidebar.

Also, make sure you have the most recent versions of the scripts. A couple weeks back I had to rev. almost all of the scripts in response to an OF change.

Curt

Thanks Curt. I solved it by closing multiple OmniFocus windows and keeping just one window open at a time. I haven't looked into the problem/symptoms any further.

-Alex

Ah. There's a known bug with the OF applescript dictionary for selecting between open windows. There used to be a work-around, but it is also broken now.

Curt