The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project or Action Group Due Dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How do you guys handle due dates for projects? Do you assign the due date to every single action or just to the project itself? I usually assign it to the project itself, but this has the problem or making the project (or action group) show up in my contexts and Due/Flagged views.

The ideal solution would be to hide projects and action groups (unless already empty) from the contexts view, but I can't find any option for that either the Mac or iPhone.

Thanks for the help!

View->Hide Parent Items in Context Mode doesn't do what you want?

That helps on the Mac, but the problem remains on the iPhone.

Thanks!

Oh, thanks! :)

And it even worked without clicking my heels together. :)

Last edited by JoaoPinheiro; 2011-01-17 at 10:25 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaoPinheiro View Post
Oh, thanks! :)

And it even worked without clicking my heels together. :)
Everyone says that, but I think it is best to err on the side of caution :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Everyone says that, but I think it is best to err on the side of caution :-)
You're probably right :p

The link works great, but unfortunately doesn't affect the Due Soon/Flagged views on the iPhone version. :/

Same here, i'd like to see this reflected on the iphone version as well....

Link should work on the iPhone and iPod touch as well.

As for customizing the Due Soon/Flagged views, you can't do that at the moment. You can make a Flagged perspective on the Mac that works the way you want and it will sync over, but it won't replace the built-in Flagged view. I don't believe there is any way to make a perspective which only shows Due Soon items, either.

As always, if you want a feature or a change, use Help->Send Feedback or Contact Omni to request it.