The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

See pictures in the note of an action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if it's possible to insert an image in the note of an action and visualise it. To make myself clear, right now I can do this:

But I would love to see, instead of the icon, the picture I actually drop in there. And would be also cool if the app would store the image by itself, so I can delete mine from the Finder without losing it from the note.

Yes, OmniFocus will display the image as long as it isn't too large. Here's how you can set the value of "too large": http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...05&postcount=7

If you embed the attachment rather than linking it, OmniFocus will keep a copy and you can delete the original. You should exercise restraint in the number and size of files you embed, however, especially if you sync between multiple copies of OmniFocus.

To embed an attachment, either hold down the option key while dragging the file into the notes field (you'll get a different cursor when doing so) or use Edit->Attach File... and choose the option to embed rather than linking. You might want to check Windows->Attachment List to make sure the file is embedded (if not, it will not appear in the Attachment List) before deleting the original. When OmniFocus grows creaky, you can also use the Attachment List to find out where all of the attachments are and remove them if no longer needed.

Thank you very much. Problem solved! I didn't know about the pixel limit and that one was the main problem!
Thanks again!