The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbie question: How do tasks update? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello there,

I have a few tasks that were due soon (today at 11:59pm), however, when i woke my imac from its sleep this morning, i noticed that some tasks did not change colour to denote that it was due soon, so when i was in context mode it was basically telling me i had no reports due, when in fact i did have some that were 'due soon', and was trying to check them off when nothing was showing.

I checked their settings and it all seems correct.

As a test i changed the date on the imac to tomorrow, and the same repeating tasks updated ok, but why didnt they to that this morning?

There seems to be an occasional bug with updating task status on waking from sleep. If you can reproduce the behavior, I'm sure the support ninjas would love to know how (use Help --> Send Feedback). I swear I've seen this before also, but haven't been able to get it to happen consistently.

Did you happen to try changing perspectives while the tasks were in the not-updated state? Another thing to try is the Clean Up command, which forces an update of the view.

Curt

Yes, the ninja's replied, stated that this is a known issue and they will try and fix it.

it's nice to see such a quick response from a developer!

Yup, I'm seeing this as well. There are a couple of other threads where people seem to be describing the same thing - one of them concerns 'start dates' from just over a year ago (bug://bugs/44815).

I've sent my 'feedback' so hopefully this can squashed pretty soon. It sure is worrying having to revert back to your own powers of recall when deciding what to do next :-)