The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Relation between area's of focus, goals and projects in OmniFocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I originally created a number of folders to group my projects into different categories. One of the DavidCo coaches (Julie Ireland) gave me this great tip to use my area's of focus instead as the folder structure so I recreated my folder structure in OF that it matches my areas of focus (see attachment). This has been extremely helpful for me to structure my projects within OF. Otherwise I am using Novamind and created a number of mind maps for my higher levels and I link to the mind maps from within OF so they are easily accessible if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OF Screenshot.png
Views:	1123
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1023  

So you actually use the Areas of Focus to categorize your projects. Huh, that is a cool idea.

I am still working my way into the Area of Focus list, in my mind the Area of Focus is a list of the responsibilities and thats it. That is at least how I understood it, am I correct on this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
1. I place a past-tense goal as the comment of each of my OF projects. (If you're talking about higher-level goals than that, they don't appear in my OF system.) I look at them during my weekly review. Ex.: "I planted a vegetable garden."

2/3. I name folders after my areas of focus. Ex.: "Homeowner"

4. I name projects with 1-3 word names that work as easy shorthand for Quick Entry. Keeping the names short helps me keep the tree pane of OF narrow without cutting off parts of them. Ex.: "vegetable garden"
Thanks for this. How do you place a "comment" on OF projects?

Click the little paperclipped paper icon in its row in the main pane of the application. Or what I actually usually do, hit Cmd-' [apostrophe] when the project is selected.