The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to locate new stencils? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've downloaded several stencils from graffletopia and then made the default folder for them (~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils/). However, I see no way to use or open these stencils with GrafflePro other than going into this stencil folder from the finder and the double clicking on them. Once I've done this, I can no longer find the custom stencil again. Can someone provide a bit more guidance on how to get them into OmniGraffle so I can find them and use them easily??

Mark

Sorry for the trouble! Assuming the stencils are installed in the folder OmniGraffle expects, they should "just work". (As in, appear as options in the Stencils window.) Double-clicking them isn't meant to be required.

If you email support, we're happy to investigate what's going on here; it may also be easier to set the search field in the Stencils window to search Graffletopia for you. You can then search for the stencils and have OmniGraffle install them for you. Requires a second download of the stencils, but also eliminates a couple steps that could be causing what you're seeing.

Mark,

I'm assuming that you're on Lion... You don't have to create a folder for Omnigraffle. In your finder, hold the OPTION key and go to the "Go" menu. The Library folder should appear among the choices.

If you go into that folder, you'll see that there's already a Omnigraffle folder, and within that, a Stencils folder. Once you put your stencils there, they should show up. At least it worked for me.

If you're not on Lion, then ignore this ;)