The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alignment issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have used OmniGraffle Pro for a while and have been experiencing alignment issues. I understand that some related issues, such as
"some lines when connected to other lines can appear to have 'gaps' in their strokes", are already listed as a known bug. However, I generally use the grid to align shapes and it can really be a pain to align numerous objects so that they are of the same size and are divided by the same space. Some objects just won't align. Can anyone advise?

There are solutions to your two problems.

Making sure shapes are the same width or height (or both) can be done with under Properties: geometry inspector. If you select multiple objects, you can do into this inspector and type in a height and / or a width and all objects will be resized. You can then graphically scale the group as normal.

As for aligning, there's a whole inspector for that. Canvas:Alignment should do everything you want from aligning to spreading objects out evenly.

HTH

Morgan