The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"more than 5000 points"!!?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have data of more than 8000 points, and when I paste the data into OGS, it said that I have too many points (more than 5000) and asked me to copy them in smaller slices. When I did, it plot the data in 2 sequences rather than one I exptected (x-axis is date, and y-axis an arbitrary value).

Anyway to appropriately plot this?

thanks

I can't tell without seeing your data, but I'm guessing that your dates are in a format that OGS doesn't understand (which is basically anything but decimal numbers) and when we import your points, we're replacing your x values with 1,2,3... and using the x column as custom axis labels. You can check this in the data inspector.

If that's the case, then when you import the second half of your data, we start over at 1 and you get the 2 overlaid series instead of one continuous one. The way around this would be to either import 1 column at a time (first the X values, which would be taken as custom x-axis tick labels, then the y values, which would be plotted against those values) or convert your dates to elapsed time values which OGS can work with. The DATEDIF function in Apple Numbers calculates a number of days from a date value.

I hope this helps - if it doesn't, be sure to Help > Send Feedback within OGS or email OmniGraphSketcher@omnigroup.com