The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bug: Incorrect or missing 'due soon' label for nested contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
In the contexts view on the iphone, if you have nested contexts, then the screen that displays all the contexts shows an incorrect or no 'due soon' label.

I have a context called 'Lab'. And I have a nested contexts for the 3 labs I work in. Assume the three nested contexts to be 'Section A', 'Section B', 'Section C'.
Here is the breakup of the remaining tasks -
'Section A' - 2 tasks (both available, no 'due soon')
'Section B' - 11 tasks (4 available. 2 tasks are 'due soon' of which 1 is available)
'Section C' - 0 tasks (none available)

In the screen where only the main contexts are shown it doesn't show any 'due soon' label along with the context 'Lab'. It only says '6 available'.
When you tap on lab, it says -
Section A - 2 available
Section B - 4 available, 3 due soon
Section C - None available.

This problem is occurring only with nested contexts. And it doesn't make any sense. NOTE - Section B is showing '3 due soon' whereas it should show only 2. There seems to be no logic to this. I have due dates for all tasks, but start date is blank for all of them.

The behavior is correct in the desktop version. If you collapse a nested context, it shows adds the number of 'due soon' items and labels it such. And even in the iphone version, in 'Project view' the labels show up correctly for nested projects. Just for nested contexts in context view it gets screwed up.

Another observation - If you add an action (on the iphone) to the context 'Lab' and make it due soon, then in the main context view, it won't add up 1 + 2 (for Lab and Lab:Section B). It will show '1 due soon' in front of Lab. And here is the kicker - If you try to delete the new action (the one under the main label), the APP CRASHES!!. Every single time.

And then if you make any change on the desktop, and sync it again, the label on the main context view, changes to some other number which is also incorrect.

Sorry for the long post. Hope others can replicate the issue. I tried to find another thread with this issue, but could not. Don't know if it is a known issue. Please help.