The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard Shortcuts to change search engine Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The feature I like the most about Inqusitor is being able to type a search, and then hit the down cursor key to select the search engine I want to use, followed by enter. Having to use the mouse/trackpad to select the search engine makes the process longer. Or is there already a key set to change this?

I'd also like to have favicons from the sites show next to the names. This happens in Firefox and Inquisitor, and I find it much quicker to select the right search engine

I have that search blob suppressed and instead just use keyword shortcuts. "apple-L enwiki blah" is fast and simple.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but on the other hand I find it superior. YMMV.

While I've been aware of search by shortcut for ages, its only been since your message that I've really given it a try, and I have to agree with you, this is much easier. Thanks! :D