The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Selective text sizing. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How about, rather then making all the text on a page bigger, provide an option to change the point size of only one text frame?

I'm very fussy about text sizes, and so OmniWeb's per-site preferences are a God-send. But sometime if I increase the text size to a level where I can read the body text, the rest of the text on the page overflows horribly, ruining the formatting.

This is a GREAT idea. Omniweb needs more unique options like this if you want to keep charging for it!

You can, for the time-being, use CSS to selectively resize pretty much anything.

Though, custom CSS is easy, it's not easy for the end-user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndegruchy View Post
You can, for the time-being, use CSS to selectively resize pretty much anything.

Though, custom CSS is easy, it's not easy for the end-user.
Yes this is a bit tricky.

For example I need my font/size to be Optima 10 for all the text on most pages. However on the FreeBSD site an other FreeBSD/Unix forums I visit there is always tcsh/csh/bash CLI commands which should be displayed in a monospaced font like Courier or Monaco in size 11. I cannot get this to display in this way which is quit problematic. I have Font custom Preferences set to Standard Font Optima 10 Fixed Width Font Courier 11. Some pages work correctly but many do not. I do have a CSS which is designed to display every page with Optima 10 but must disable this for the pages i need some monospace font displayed but this causes the problem on many pages where all the text is displayed as monospaced and nothing is Optima.

If i could design a CSS that allowed all regular text to be Optima 10 and all the monospaced to display Courier 11 id be happy. Ive not found a usable solution yet.

here is my CSS code which basically sets all pages using it to use Optima size 10

html, body, * {
font-family: Optima !important;
font-size: 10px !important;
}
pre {
font-family: Optima !important;
}
a:visited, a:visited:hover, a:link:active {
color: #9900CC !important;
}
a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active {
text-decoration: underline !important;