The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Save Failing on OmniGraffle 5.1 Beta 4 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I randomly get this error when the autosave (or manual save) tries to save the file:

"The Document <MyFilename> could not be saved. Attempt to allocate 16777216 bytes for NS/CFData failed"

See Screenshot.

Needless to say, I lose all work since last save. Restarting the app fixes it for awhile. I would say it happens about once every day (and I use OmniGraffle for several hours at a time).

I have to set my autosave to every 1 minute in paranoia. Can you add an option for every 5 seconds? :-)

Thanks

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	731  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumocomputers View Post
I randomly get this error when the autosave (or manual save) tries to save the file:

"The Document <MyFilename> could not be saved. Attempt to allocate 16777216 bytes for NS/CFData failed"

See Screenshot.

Needless to say, I lose all work since last save. Restarting the app fixes it for awhile. I would say it happens about once every day (and I use OmniGraffle for several hours at a time).

I have to set my autosave to every 1 minute in paranoia. Can you add an option for every 5 seconds? :-)

Thanks

Chris
Hi Chris, I've had the same problem and can't seem to get around it. Did you figure out a way to prevent it happening?

I'm on a recent macbook with max RAM installed.

cheers

Michael

Are you folks contacting the support ninjas about these problems? Posting to the forum is not guaranteed to get their attention, but email to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com or Help->Send Feedback will get you an answer.

I definitely recommend updating your OG, if you haven't, to the latest version.

And do send a bug report to Omni from within OG to get a guaranteed response. They are very good at replying to both bugs and suggestions