The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creating Nested Projects from QuickEntry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I searched around and didn't find any answers to this, if the answers are out there please feel free to just direct me towards them.

I use OmniFocus at home and at work. To facilitate this I have 2 folders, one called 'Personal' and one called 'Work'

My perspectives at home focus on the 'Personal' folder, my perspectives at work focus on the 'Work' folder.

The only problem is I don't know a way to make a new project in the quck entry window, and have it nest to the right folder.

For example, if I am at work and have a new project called "Hire new programmer" I want to list out the first task, and then in project I want to be able to do something like type "Work : Hire New Programmer" and have it create the new project, already nested into the proper folder.

Right now the only way I can figure out to do it is make the thing, and then break my groove by opening OmniFocus in projects view, which I rarely use, so that I can drag the project to the right place.

Suggestions?

Uh, the answer is: you found a bug. You're exactly right about how it should behave.

I've filed a bug, and hopefully it will be a quick fix.

Yay!

Way back before V 1.0 when I tried it would just create a really long project name, as in the project would be named "Work : xyz Website"

Today I noticed that it was just creating "xyz Website" but that it was still not nesting, so really that confused me more.

Anyway, I'll be waiting with bated breath for the next sneaky-peak update, or since I work with code myself, maybe the update after that ;)

Any forecast or prediction on having this bug fixed?

I'm in the process of re-working this feature to be more robust and predictive. However, I think I totally busted it on Friday.

The good news is that I think I've figured out a better way to do this than we had before.