The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Don't show folders/projects without actions in them Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Basically i don't want empty projects or folders to show up in the content pane when filtering by next or available actions. Clearly they need to appear when viewing all and most likely also when viewing remaining.

BTW, if I wasn't clear enough in my earlier posts, I mean having them not appear in the content pane but they definitely need to be in the left sidetree.

How about a "Remaining" filter, that shows all active projects that have uncompleted tasks?

I'm happy with the current system, where all my folders/projects or contexts show in the left pane, and only things that match the filters show in the main window.

I have several "open" projects, that get tasks put in them when appropriate. One example is my "Car" project. Its empty unless I need to get repairs or servicing, or need to do something else involving my car.

Knowing how my brain (doesn't) works, if I don't occasionally see my Car project, I'll forget it's there and set up another one next time I need it. [Task: clean up duplicate expense categories in my finance software.]

I don't find the complete list in the sidebar overwhelming, as I keep most of my folders collapsed.

--Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
I'm happy with the current system, where all my folders/projects or contexts show in the left pane, and only things that match the filters show in the main window.

I don't find the complete list in the sidebar overwhelming, as I keep most of my folders collapsed.

--Liz
I agree with you that the left sidebar should show all the projects and that's never been an issue; I am referring to empty projects not showing up in the the main content pane which is what becomes overwhelming and counter-productive.