The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcuts for Inspector Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First off, my apologies if this has already been answered; I tried to do a search but I wasn't able to find anything that resembled this question.

When I'm entering tasks I prefer to use keyboard shortcuts wherever possible. If I'm creating a task with a start or due date, I'll use SHIFT-COMMAND-I to open the inspector, but I can't seem to find a way to tab through the various fields; I have to use my mouse to click on "Start date" or "Due date" to fill something in.

Are there any shortcuts I could use within the inspector window to allow me to tab through various fields?

Thanks in advance!

You want the keyboard focus to jump over to the inspector. Once you are there, you can simply tab through the fields. Unfortunately, there's no way to get the keyboard focus to/from the inspector except by clicking the mouse button at the moment.

Use Help->Send Feedback to make a request for this feature. The more people request something, the more attention it gets when they plan their development work.

That's great; for some reason TAB didn't seem to work for me before but I don't think I had actually placed focus on the window...

Thanks again, and I've just finished submitting the idea as feedback!