The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Of-iPhone app store update still hasn't shown up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm starting to think that Apple approves updates for iPhone apps , when there's another one submitted while the first one is still waiting approval .

Call me crazy but I've noticed that developers that seem to get updates approved quicker , often post that they've already submitted another one while waiting for approval for the first .

maybe more frequent incremental updates are the way to go ?
Seems like Apple moves quicker when you put a little pressure on them . :D

Has anyone said that a new update (newer than 1.0.3) has been sent to Apple for review?

yes they submitted it 10 days ago . I believe that was posted both here and on the Omni Focus twitter feed . In that same 10 days I've seen two updates for a time tracking app I use and 3 for a notes program .
I've no proof that apple moves quicker when they're sent another update for approval but it sure looks that way.
It would be interesting to see the track record . I'm sure apple will overhaul the process before too long .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
In that same 10 days I've seen two updates for a time tracking app I use and 3 for a notes program.
I've no proof that apple moves quicker when they're sent another update for approval but it sure looks that way.
Here's an alternative hypothesis: large, complicated apps with many potential "gotchas" to look for take longer to review than the quick "oops, we need to fix three more lines of code" kind of changes you seem to be describing.

Just my $0.02...

J

I thought that too, but they put the most recent " things touch" update through in 7-8 days ..
And actually I think the notes program " write-room " involved a substantial change in bonjour syncing .
These things have always fascinated me , why some companies do things a certain way , does apple really have a set procedure they're following , or do other factors influence it . Time will tell .

You'll appreciate it more if you have to wait. Didn't your mother always tell you that? :)

Mom! what are you doing running the app store ?? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
Mom! what are you doing running the app store ?? LOL
That would actually explain a lot about the App store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielandrews View Post
that would actually explain a lot about the app store.
lol!

The names in the following Mom story have been changed to protect the innocent :rolleyes:

"Mom" somehow managed to get her Netscape Communicator email folder into the Trash, where Netscape happily operated on it for many months. The good times came to an end when "Mom" called me up to debug some problem over the telephone. For some reason, debugging the problem caused me to suggest that the trash be emptied, and because "Mom" obviously didn't do that as a regular practice, there were hundreds of files to be deleted, and I quickly (and wrongly) concluded after listening to the first part of the list that it was okay to do so. The next credit card statement had charges for Timbuktu and a disk unerase program.

Any rumors that "Mom" and I had a role in the MobileMe/iPhone 3G/App Store rollout are strictly fabrications, let me assure you!