The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

YouTube? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't view YouTube videos in SP4. Anybody else seeing this?

If not, I will report it.

Last night I followed a link to a YouTube video. The video on my aging QuickSilver was very choppy. I gave up because it didn't seem interesting.

In the past (with SP???), I've viewing YouTube videos with no problem.

I have no problems viewing YouTube videos, but be aware that there is a known bug (at least I think it is known!) with the sps that causes them to reload the video from scratch if you move to a different tab and back (which is a PITA as it means you can't do anything in OmniWeb 5.5 until the video has finished loading).

You also need to make sure you aren't blocking flash in your ad preferences.

<rant>Personally, I hate these Flash media players but that's probably because I hate Flash in general as being the most annoying use of technology on the internet, second only to ActiveX.</end rant>

Last edited by JKT; 2006-04-19 at 01:57 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Last night I followed a link to a YouTube video. The video on my aging QuickSilver was very choppy.
For a while, I watched YouTube videos on my iBook - it's newer and faster than my QuickSilver.

Then I discovered a trick to watching YouTube on a slower Mac - pause the video the moment it starts playing, and wait for the entire video to finish downloading. I notice download typically happens in spurts, which seems to correspond to the choppy performance.

Once the download completes, the video is watchable (although not nearly as smooth as QuickTime).