The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature Request: Limit Number of Backups Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Could we possibly have a preference option to limit the number of backups?

Each time a backup is done, see how many previous backups are there and deleted the older ones, leaving only the number specified by the user.

I'm getting tons of OmniFocus 2008-XX-XX XXXXXX files and have to keep deleting the old ones. I see little point in keeping all these backups forever.

Thanks!

This has been requested before. In the mean time, some people have been using Hazel to delete backups over a certain age (I keep only the last week's worth). It's not as good as a built-in function, or one that works on numbers of backups instead of dates, but it's better than nothing. And Hazel has other uses as well.

-Dennis

Seconded. It seems pretty silly that the app creates unlimited backups. I do have Hazel, but it's pretty annoying that I have to set up this rule across the 3 Macs that I use OmniFocus on.