The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom perspectives OF1 > OF2 Standard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I appreciate that it will probably take one of the Omni team to answer this but I was wondering what will happen in the following situation:

Currently on OF1 you can create custom perspectives on the Mac that will sync to both iPad & iPhone versions of OF.

For those upgrading to OF2 Standard from OF1, what will become of any custom perspectives?

1) Will OF2 Standard display existing custom perspectives with the understanding that no further custom perspectives can be created (in the same way that the iOS versions do).

2) Will OF2 Standard ignore the custom perspectives allowing them to still be visible on iOS versions.

3) Will OF2 Standard delete the custom perspectives with the deletion being carried across to the iOS apps during sync.

Thanks for reading

Alex

I didn't see any mention of an OF1 -> OF2 standard upgrade. Given that you've already bought the pro edition (and use its features), why would you want to give up features?

Because you wouldn't be giving up features if the new version at the lower price point was going to use Perspectives you make with the old one. You'd just use the old version when you needed to make a Perspective because your time and effort isn't worth $40.

As of my last conversation with folks on the development team, how 2 Standard will handle custom perspectives is in the "to be determined" category.

Of the three, though, I think "delete them" is extremely unlikely. One of our goals is to maintain sync compatibility with v1; nuking perspectives wouldn't be in line with that goal.