The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

mailto not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi
I'm quite new to Omniweb. Can you tell me why when I click on a mailto link (eg Omniweb's 'Send Feedback'!) I get the following message:

OmniWeb doesn't recognize the protocol “mailto”

Is there a preference or plugin missing?

Thanks

Frances

ps a supplementary: can I change the highlight colour for Find on a particular page so that the word stands out better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances Allen
Hi
I'm quite new to Omniweb. Can you tell me why when I click on a mailto link (eg Omniweb's 'Send Feedback'!) I get the following message:

OmniWeb doesn't recognize the protocol “mailto”

Is there a preference or plugin missing?
That's really strange.

Quote:
ps a supplementary: can I change the highlight colour for Find on a particular page so that the word stands out better?
You can change this in your system pres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
That's really strange.
I agree. Anybody out there with advice on what to do? Every time I have a page which requires a mailto, I have to switch to FF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
You can change this in your system pres.
Whoops, of course! Thanks. I was thinking it was an OW issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances Allen
I agree. Anybody out there with advice on what to do? Every time I have a page which requires a mailto, I have to switch to FF.
Do you have an example page that causes this to happen?

Hmmmm... Works fine for me. Are you using a mail client other than "Mail"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Do you have an example page that causes this to happen?
Yes, when I click on Help/Send Feedback... I get:

Cannot Load Address

OmniWeb doesn't recognize the protocol “mailto”, and can't find a plug-in or other application which does.

What plugin or app do you think it is looking for? Incidentally, I use Mail as my mailer and have no difficulty with mailto in any of my other three browsers.

Frances

That makes it sound like OmniWeb is trying to catch your mailto links as if it were the default reader or something. If you open Mail, open its preferences and then in the general panel look for Default Email Reader, what is set here?