The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dubious about iphone synching claim Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ken:

Must be a busy day for you folks (exciting for us!). I saw this in the Sticky on the last question about iPhone synching:

"Even if you don't change anything, it syncs every hour, in case some other device made some changes recently. Whenever you like, you can manually make a sync happen, as well."

I presume that only applies if the application is open, and the iphone hasn't locked its screen, correct? Apple has been really clear that there won't be any background apps running, so I'm curious how the above could be true. Perhaps the wording needs some massaging?

That's correct, it only applies if the application is running at the time. Or if you haven't run it in the past hour, and start up OmniFocus on the phone, it'll try to sync right away.

Just a commentary. It's amazing that background apps aren't allowed to run. Phone service is a great example of a service that should run in the background, and so is instant messaging, but OF is also an app that should be available for quick entry.