The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug: Can't mark server certs as trusted Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I filed a bug as well, but for others who might be having this issue.

We've got our own server, our own server certificate, and our own WebDAV server. OF on my Mac syncs without any issues (since at some point I was able to trust the certificate permanently). Now I'm trying to sync with my iphone, and I'm getting an "untrusted server certificate" dialog box, with no way to trust the certificate. As a result, I'm unable to sync.

And no, I don't want to use http instead of https. I'd like to trust my own web server cert. :)

Thanks for looking into this!

Last edited by mhedstrom; 2008-07-11 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: changed title to be more thorough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhedstrom View Post
I filed a bug as well, but for others who might be having this issue.

We've got our own server, our own server certificate, and our own WebDAV server. OF on my Mac syncs without any issues (since at some point I was able to trust the certificate permanently). Now I'm trying to sync with my iphone, and I'm getting an "untrusted server certificate" dialog box, with no way to trust the certificate. As a result, I'm unable to sync.
I have this same problem. On the Mac it was not a problem, I just simply have to trust the server certificate in Safari (once), and OmniFocus picks up the "trust" automatically. But this doesn't seem to be an option on the iPhone, safari will ask me if I trust the cert, but no option to mark it as permanently trusted. And I assume therefore, the OF App will not have this trust information.

Any hope that an upgrade to the OF App will at least allow us to trust the cert for the session, even if it's not permanent? That'd be tons better than nothing, although a permanent trust relation would be nice too (or heck, even a check box in the prefs to no verify the CA of the certificate)

Thanks!

-- Leif

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwoop View Post
Any hope that an upgrade to the OF App will at least allow us to trust the cert for the session, even if it's not permanent?
Yes, we plan to fix this in an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Thanks Ken, that sounds great! I'll live with having to trust the cert every session if it means I can sync. :)

Quote:
Cool!

In an attempt to work around this (for now) I setup an SSH tunnel between my Mac and the server, and I changed the "url" accordingly. Everything seems to work, i.e. it uploads the files etc., but every time I sync I get an error saying "can't find host". I guess it's just an annoyance, since everything seems to work, but figured I'd post here.

Update: I fiddled around with this some more, it seems to be port related. I had setup the tunnel for port 4080 -> port 80 (remote), and that causes all sorts of problems. If I change the ssh tunnel to listen to port 80 locally (which means I have to run ssh as root), then OF works fine.

Last edited by zwoop; 2008-07-11 at 03:53 PM..

Quote:
Time frame? I'm DOA without it, which means it's costing OG money since I'm not buying a copy of the Mac version without sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhobbit View Post
Time frame? I'm DOA without it, which means it's costing OG money since I'm not buying a copy of the Mac version without sync.
To be precise, my Mac eval copy expires in 14 days. Will I have a fix in 7-10 days, or should I drag it to the trash now?

(Note I have already foolishly paid for OFI, which actually has the bug).

-ahd-