The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recommended way to add a meeting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

What's the proper way to add a meeting to a project? What I'm trying to do is add a task that corresponds to a meeting that several persons (resources) must attend at a fixed date.

I've tried many things like adding each person/resource to the task at 100% and set a duration, or set a constained begin/end date but it never properly moves the other tasks in the project. I either end up with an incorrect duration or my meeting gets pushed at a later date.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Best regards,
Laurent

You can lock the start and end dates of the meeting in the task information inspector. This will keep the task from moving around.

Yes, that's what I did. Unfortunately when I enter resources in the task, it doesn't level properly.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't level properly". Can you describe in more detail, or email our Support Ninjas? (omniplan@omnigroup.com) If you choose "Send Feedback" from OmniPlan's Help menu, you'll have the option to include an anonymized copy of your plan (all the resource and task names will be changed to things like "Resource 1").