The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sort filter + Next filter + repetitive actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi, gang. Using OmniFocus 1.0 alpha 2 (v37.0.93512) today.

On the heels of my great advances in productivity yesterday, today I'm working on integrating the Next filter with Start Date sort--but I'm having mucho problems.

I admit I'm somewhat confused about Sort order when using View filters under Planning Mode. There's a drop-down for the Sort menu with various options:

Unsorted
Name
Flagged
Due
Start
Completed
Next Review
Added
Changed

I have a project with 4 Actions that have today as the Start date, no due date; they all repeat every day. Another Action also has today as the Start date, no due date, and repeats every day. I just checked that one off. I have it as a crossed-through action for today, and now a new version of it with a Start Date of tomorrow.

Now when I sort on Start date, OF doesn't sort correctly; it should push the Action with a Start Date of tomorrow to the bottom of the list, but doesn't.

Also, this is a Project set up so that Actions must be performed in order--yet there's no purple Action, everything is greyed out. And when I reset my filter from All or Remaining to Next, I have no Next action. Help!

Is there some rule that I can't set up start dates in a Project with Actions that are supposed to be performed in order and expect the Next filter to work correctly? I would prefer to use the Next filter so that I only see the next action, but I also want to use repetitive actions too, and I was hoping OF would be able to track different start dates and know how to sort such Actions correctly.

Thanks anyone for any helpful hints. I know I may be setting this up wrong. It's been a few weeks since we last discussed repetitive actions and I've forgotten the methodology (apologies).

--Sandy Santra