The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What about "Uploads" window? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After Youtube like sites and webmail services giving unimaginable "attachment" limits, sending huge files via webbrowser has started.

I have never lived a problem with Omniweb sending big files but the sites generally don't show the upload status (e.g. file speed, ETA) or they try to show via Adobe Flash type of tricks which generally breaks non IE/FF browsers since they weren't tested.

Another problem which is overlooked is, the download/upload ratio, e.g. right now I got 1Mbit cable down but 256 kbit up. So, it is just 2x ISDN speed. Lets say I send a 1 MB pdf attachment via Webmail. I won't see any progress or any tip until upload finishes and (if lucky), site is clever to refresh the page saying "done".

So, what about "Uploads" window right under downloads which will basically get the data (upload) from Network activity and show progress? Of course there won't be resume option. Just a stop maybe...

I thought there used to be at least info in the Network Activity window... but lately when I've needed it I haven't seen it there.

Yeah, this would be a very helpful feature.