The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW 5.6 Doesn't Remember Window Position Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On Leopard, 5.6 does remember window size, but it refuses to remember window position. Is this OW or Leopard?

I am pretty sure this is leopard, it doesn't remember any window positions for any app. Pretty annoying, especially for iTunes.

If you use the save window size option in the Window menu both size and position on the screen should be saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXTLoop View Post
On Leopard, 5.6 does remember window size, but it refuses to remember window position.
Same problem here.

Edit : the windows are right shifted (5 millimetres of shift).

Last edited by myckmack; 2007-11-01 at 11:32 PM..

Can you give me steps for how you're producing these results? If I save the window size and then close and reopen the window it appears in the same spot every time.

Do note that if you have other windows open OmniWeb will always cascade newly created windows from the point in which the last window was created.

Same problem. Reported it through Feedback link in OW and was attended to by David M.

Just a note, this problem happens on my MacBook that had a clean install of Leopard, but I don't have the problem on my iMac that had an archive and install installation of Leopard.

IIRC, OW has never remembered window position except for saved workspaces.

It remembers window size here just fine with my Leopard upgrade.

When you save window size the position of that window is also saved and should be restored whenever you open a new window with no other windows open.

Another observation.

When you click on a window and it's now in focus it creates a shadowy border around the window. It seems like the amount of shift to the right is equal to the size of that border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
When you save window size the position of that window is also saved and should be restored whenever you open a new window with no other windows open.
The "with no other windows open" is what I'm referring to. I don't know about you, but it's not uncommon for me to have multiple windows open. So I tend to think of it as "save window size" does not save the position. If it did, then it would make sense that all new windows showed up in the same place, which they don't.

From a new user standpoint, I think saying that does save the window position is a bit confusing because new windows can be created that don't have that position.

Seems like this has been discussed a few times before. I think BBEdit deals with this fairly well.