The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb support in OmniFocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using OmniWeb 5.6 and OmniFocus 46.0.94864 and am unable to include either a highlighted part of a web page or an entire page in OmniFocus. Is there support for OmniWeb in OmniFocus?

Also, a side comment. It would be nice if it was possible to go into "about Omni product" and be able to highlight the version (and build if necessary) so that it is possible to easily copy the version number when posting feedback to other sites (like the Omni group forums) than to Omni support.

I just clipped this post from OW 5.6 (v613.0.93354) into OmniFocus, so if it isn't working for you you might make sure you have the OmniWeb plugin enabled in the Clipping preferences and have restarted OmniWeb after changing the clipping keyboard shortcut (or invoke it from the Services menu).

Thanks for replying Tim. The OW plug-in was enabled. I am still not getting any content in the clippings. BTW, I am using OS X Tiger (10.4.11).

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.1 and OmniFocus Revision 94937 and it works perfectly. Does anyone else on 10.4.11 have this issue?

I am still experiencing the same problem, despite two updates. I am now using 49.0.94950 and still not having any luck. I have also tried in other apps such as Safari, Mail Pages, OmniOutliner Pro, Address Book, TextEdit, etc. It doesn't work in any app that I have tried!

The "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" Service should appear in the service menu of an application once you've run OmniFocus at least once, then restarted the application. (Unfortunately, applications don't notice changes to the service immediately, so you have to restart them to get them to notice the new service, or to notice changes to it such as a newly assigned keyboard shortcut.)

Check OmniWeb's Services submenu inside the OmniWeb menu. Do you see "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" listed as a service? Is it enabled when you have text selected on a page? Does it work when you select it from the menu?

OK, yes the OmniFocus "Send to Inbox" service works, but only when some text is highlighted. I can't get a whole page or a whole e-mail to work with this. The "quick clip" still doesn't work at all, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotterdk View Post
OK, yes the OmniFocus "Send to Inbox" service works, but only when some text is highlighted. I can't get a whole page or a whole e-mail to work with this.
That is the expected behavior. (Note, I didn't say desired.) Clipping services in OS X only work for selected text.

Curt

Actually, I should modify my answer. I can use "Send to Inbox" and the Quick Clip" window pops up. I can see the text that had been highlighted, but when I save it to OmniFocus, while an item is created, there is none of the highlighted text in the item.

The highlighted text is added to the note of the item in OF. You need to click the little note icon in OF to reveal the text.

Curt