The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time to change Sticky above to OmniFocus 1.5 for Mac to Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
...since that's what its version is now.

You mean the release notes? Since the 1.5 is the Mac OS X application, and the release notes for 1.0.3 are still up there.

As for Sync, Brian's sticky there "Where to get OmniFocus for Mac 1.1 (required to sync w/iPhone)" is still accurate. You do need 1.1 to sync, you just can't get it.

Pattern forming here... While the application has had lots of clean-up and work, it currently is worthless without the ability to have an GTD instand INBOX that can sync with the desktop.
If it were in Apple's pipeline, it should have been available already.
In any case it has been long enough since we were told it was submitted that Omni should check up.

It does not take beating up on Apple according to other developers... :(

Last edited by defilmj; 2008-10-27 at 08:42 PM..

What do you mean by sync to the desktop? 1.5 can sync with the iphone, I've tried the other methods for 1.0.3 iphone but mobileme seems to be the easiest. Tried setting up local webdav server but it's too difficult for me to do and quite complicated, very unapple like. Hopefully the Bonjour service will work easily when 1.1 for the iphone is out.

If you don't like "going under the hood" to the cli, getting Webdav up can be troublesome. Indeed I think everyone here is waiting for 1.1 for the iphone to be released. 1.1 gives us the other half of Bonjor as 1.5 desktop and its predecessor had Bonjour ability for a while now.

Of course it don't help if the phone don't have the software yet :D

I don't know what Apple is doing with 1.1 that would delay it like this,
other than making a lot of people more angry at Apple than we already are. It pays in the end....

I have two boys, 15, and 16. They are going off to college soon. Planned on sending them off with new MBP's, 10.5, Parallels and Win XP
all for about $3800. Instead I will send them with a new Dell wide screen notebook, Win XP, which is what they want anyway, VMWARE and Debian as the dual boot, for a comparable $800. As a long time Apple customer (like Apple II), I have had it with both MS and Apple.
THey are both two peas in a pod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braver View Post
...since that's what its version is now.
Updated. Thanks for the reminder.