The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keystroke for entering notes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm refamiliarizing myself with OmniOutliner Pro after an absence of a little over a year. I primarily work with a MacBook which has a combined Enter/Return key. I occasionally use it with a full size Mac bluetooth keyboard which has a separate Enter key next to the numeric keypad.

If I remember correctly I used to be able to press enter on the full size keyboard to begin typing a note attached to a row. On the MacBook, holding the function key down while pressing the combined Enter/Return key would do the same. Now, no matter what key combination I use with either keyboard, I get a new row.

What's the best keystroke way of entering a new note?

Thanks,

Marc

I'm still using a PowerBook myself, but the Enter key still enters a new note for me. Using Command-' works also. You might get additional responses if one of the mods moves this thread to the OO forum.

Sorry about that and thanks for the quick response.

Hello,

I'm refamiliarizing myself with OmniOutliner Pro after an absence of a little over a year. I primarily work with a MacBook which has a combined Enter/Return key. I occasionally use it with a full size Mac bluetooth keyboard which has a separate Enter key next to the numeric keypad.

If I remember correctly I used to be able to press enter on the full size keyboard to begin typing a note attached to a row. On the MacBook, holding the function key down while pressing the combined Enter/Return key would do the same. Now, no matter what key combination I use with either keyboard, I get a new row.

What's the best keystroke way of entering a new note?

Thanks,

Marc

Cmd-' is the official shortcut for notes and will work just fine on keyboards without an Enter key.

Works like a charm. Thanks.