The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weekly Review and Inbox Cleanup Wizard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would love to see a process be developed whether it be a wizard or not that help with two GTD processes: The weekly review and cleaning the Inbox.

On a weekly basis I would like to have a button "Start my Review". This would go through each task that I have and mark the review date on it once the item has been reviewed.

While the weekly review would be nice, I think this would be better. If you have read the GTD book, there is a workflow diagram that assists you in cleaning your inbox. I would like a wizard the took me through this workflow with each task in my Inbox.

What does everyone else think?

For your first idea, I think you can already do that, unless I'm missing something. I have a perspective called Weekly Review, and I have put the icon it into the toolbar. Here are the details of the perspective:

View Mode: Planning
Focus: no Focus
Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Ungrouped
Sorting: Next Review
Action Filter: Remaining
Time Filter: Any Duration
Flag Filter: Any Flag State

Also, this seems to be preserved in the perspective: choose "expand all" and then take a snapshot, and then when you go to that perspective, all projects will be expanded.

During your review, simply look at each project, make any changes, then click the Mark Reviewed stamper icon in the toolbar. The project then moves to the bottom of the list.

Instead of just moving down the list, I do kind of wish it were an automated thing that showed me only one project at a time, one after the other. That would be one click per project instead of two.

About the workflow assistance, that is a great idea. New people coming to omnifocus have trouble figuring out what to do, especially if they haven't read GTD. But how to implement it? I can think of several just off the top of my head.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh19 View Post
For your first idea, I think you can already do that, unless I'm missing something. I have a perspective called Weekly Review, and I have put the icon it into the toolbar.
Your weekly review perspective is almost identical to mine, except that I group by Next Review, and I collapse all groups after Today. That way I don't get distracted by projects whose review date is in the future.

FWIW, I do the same thing as brianogilvie. This seems to be working well for my situation.