The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

nitpicky dilemma with new project creation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I see two ways of creating a new project from the inbox, and both leave something to be desired. Either ...

1) I create a new project via the "Cmd-Rtn" method, in which case the "name" field becomes the first action of a new project at the root level of my planning hierarchy, which then must be moved to the right folder ...

or ...

2) I create a new project by dragging the inbox item to the correct location in the planning hierarchy right off the bat, but in that case the "name" field becomes the project name ... and I have to leave the inbox to go set the first action.

Neither method seems "right" or "wrong" compared to the other, but both methods require extra steps that annoy me. In either case, you actually can't finish creating a new project without leaving the inbox, going to the new project, and tweaking it. This forces either a cleanup job after processing your inbox, or a somewhat erratic back-and-forth between the inbox and the new projects.

Anyone know what the heck I'm talking about? Comments?