The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to Export and not lose note formatting?... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to export my whole Omnifocus database as one file. When I export to HTML all the formatting in each note is lost, leading to one big huge paragraph for each.

I did try printing to a PDF, this actually worked good, however I had to manually twirl down and open each note for each task to have it show up on the PDF (there are too many notes to do this manually)

So..is there a way to "open all notes" so I can print everything? Or is there a way to export and not lose formatting?

Thanks

Frank

First step would be to get everything you want exported into the display. You could use the built-in All Items perspective, but you'll want to change the selectors if you don't intend to export completed or dropped actions/projects.

Then, if you are using the 1.6 Sneaky Peek release, you can simply do Edit->Toggle All Notes (cmd-opt-') to open/close all the notes.

Otherwise, select everything in the main pane, then do Edit->Edit Note (cmd-') to open/close all the notes.

Ah cool..I grabbed the 1.6 version and it does exactly what I want...which is expand all notes globally for PDF printing..thanks!!

Frank