The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.1 Seaky Peek won't install Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
New member, sorry if this question has been answered already, but I couldn't find it using the search function, so here goes:

I'm trying to install OmniFocus 1.1, since I just bought an iPod Touch and want to sync.
I've done the following steps:
1. Downloaded the Sneaky Peek 105514
2. Trashed the present OF-files in the Applications folder
3. Launched the disc image and dragged the OF-icon to the App folder
4. Launched the new OF-file from the App folder
5. A sign shows up, asking me to confirm that I want to back up the database, since 1.1 databases are not backwards compatible. I accept
6. A message says "Backing up Omnifocus document" or something like that.
7. The app freezes.

Then nothing. I have to force quit the app. A backup is created, but i have no idea if it's complete or not.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated, I'm getting really frustrated here...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Johan

Last edited by johan; 2008-10-07 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: Spelling error

Depending on how big your database is, step 6 may be taking a while and the app hasn't actually frozen. It may be enough to just let it back up a while longer.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to email omnifocus@omnigroup.com, so they can dig into the details of what's going on, and help you get going again.

Actually, you sound pretty stuck, so it may be better to email urgent@omnigroup.com, since you can't really use OmniFocus at all until this is sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Depending on how big your database is, step 6 may be taking a while and the app hasn't actually frozen. It may be enough to just let it back up a while longer.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to email omnifocus@omnigroup.com, so they can dig into the details of what's going on, and help you get going again.

Actually, you sound pretty stuck, so it may be better to email urgent@omnigroup.com, since you can't really use OmniFocus at all until this is sorted out.
Thanks, Lizard! Just waiting (for quite a while) at step 6 did the trick. I've been using the app for a while, so maybe it's the size of the db.

Thanks again, and sorry for bothering you guys with a non-issue. :)