The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

This app is K_R_A_P Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Omni is rubbish app+rip off £££££. NO export / NO tags / NO cNp / NO Sync / NO email / NO tweets / NO Uk search / NO share / all the ***** reviews are m8s of dev. I checkd 2do lite for free n paid for full. its' 100x better n a LOT less cash. check it out n see what you dont get with omnis rip off app.

Last edited by smalltownboy; 2010-06-26 at 02:37 AM..

You are entitled to an opinion, but a number of your points are factually incorrect, and others are of questionable merit. Yes, there is no Twitter support. However, for the 3 people worldwide who get their assignments from or report their work progress to the boss via Twitter, the app does support standard iOS copy/paste functionality, allowing use of the Twitter client of one's own choice and not bloating the app for everyone else.

Sorry I didn't have a chance to write up the procedure for extracting attached documents for someone who only has a PC. Sounds like there's no longer a rush!

As for the alleged ballot-box stuffing in the reviews, there are 1500+ 5-star reviews, and while the Omni devs are a friendly bunch, the allegation is clearly nonsense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You are entitled to an opinion, but a number of your points are factually incorrect, and others are of questionable merit. Yes, there is no Twitter support. However, for the 3 people worldwide who get their assignments from or report their work progress to the boss via Twitter, the app does support standard iOS copy/paste functionality, allowing use of the Twitter client of one's own choice and not bloating the app for everyone else.

Sorry I didn't have a chance to write up the procedure for extracting attached documents for someone who only has a PC. Sounds like there's no longer a rush!

As for the alleged ballot-box stuffing in the reviews, there are 1500+ 5-star reviews, and while the Omni devs are a friendly bunch, the allegation is clearly nonsense...
yeyeye. my facts incorrect. which????? keep bending over the coding munks enjoy the sunshine. You work for omni your not a user. I got 3000+++ followers on twitter who now no that omni is a rip off. action to self get the long legs to register a domain to complane. The old f_a_r_t in the quote is paid by omni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownboy View Post
yeyeye. my facts incorrect. which????? keep bending over the coding munks enjoy the sunshine. You work for omni your not a user. I got 3000+++ followers on twitter who now no that omni is a rip off. action to self get the long legs to register a domain to complane. The old f_a_r_t in the quote is paid by omni.
COM: its an ''''app'''' I shouldnot need a pc or a mac or a server just my iphone. You get riped off for £12 quid then made to buy £60 app for mac to get stuff out. U stupid or wat ? ? ? Try 2do Lite. Its' free. see the L_I_T_E.

Last edited by smalltownboy; 2010-06-26 at 10:52 AM..

Look at the low post count. The grossly factually inaccurate statements stated in a rude, inflammatory and accusatory way - all designed to elicit anger and a response. Classic troll behavior.

I'm reporting this to the moderators. While I, in general, think that posts and users shouldn't be deleted, in this case I'd agree and be happy if the mods did just that to this guy.

J.

Quote:
COM: its an ''''app'''' I shouldnot need a pc or a mac or a server just my iphone. You get riped off for £12 quid then made to buy £60 app for mac to get stuff out. U stupid or wat ? ? ? Try 2do Lite. Its' free. see the L_I_T_E.
Sure is true what the Aussies say about the POME bastards. You really are a bunch of wanks, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
Look at the low post count. The grossly factually inaccurate statements stated in a rude, inflammatory and accusatory way - all designed to elicit anger and a response. Classic troll behavior.

I'm reporting this to the moderators. While I, in general, think that posts and users shouldn't be deleted, in this case I'd agree and be happy if the mods did just that to this guy.

J.
what '''grossly factually inaccurate statements''' ? ? ? Tell me Mr JohnJ80. Happy for you to take have this taken down. But I ve posted it on the app store n e way. No more rip offs by omni. you in there pay to?

Last edited by smalltownboy; 2010-06-26 at 12:36 PM..

A spambot trial of troll-emulation software ?
Doesn't quite pass the Turing test for me ...

Quote:
what '''grossly factually inaccurate statements''' ? ? ? Tell me Mr JohnJ80. Happy for you to take have this taken down. But I ve posted it on the app store n e way. No more rip offs by omni. you in there pay to?
Yep. A troll - and one that can't put a sentence together or type to boot.

J.

Quote:
Incorrect facts would include: no cut and paste, no sync, all 5 star reviews written by friends of Omni developers, my having any relationship with Omni except as a satisfied customer, and you getting a passing grade in elementary spelling. Congratulations on attracting 3000 followers. Having women swoon at your feet really makes the effort of signing up for 3000 different accounts totally worth it, eh? :rolleyes: