The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OminiFocus keeps crashing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!

Unfortunately OmniFocus on iPhone keeps crashing right after i am entering the homescreen of Omnifocus. Rebooting the iPhone or reinstalling didnt help. Any ideas?

Syncing over MobileMe by the way...

/slackstar

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing! This generally doesn't mean that the application has actually crashed - instead, the phone is running out of memory loading the database for some reason.

As a first step, I'd try carrying out the tips in this thread on your Mac and see if slimming down the database makes your phone any happier.

If it's still having trouble after trying those tips, contact the support ninjas. We have a couple more tricks up our sleeve.

Brian,

I'm having the same issue, and that thread you linked to doesn't seem relevant at all.

All the tips are things that you either need to do from within the iPhone application itself--which is impossible, since the whole complaint is that the app won't open--or from within the OmniFocus desktop program--which I don't have.

Is there some other post you're aware, of with advice that works for people who can't open the app and don't have the desktop verson?

Update: I deleted the app from my iPhone, after making a copy of the database that was on my iDisk. Then I re-downloaded the app directly to the phone, and synced. Now it seems to be working fine.

But that window where it says "Deleting this app will delete all its data" was plenty scary...

Last edited by Mojombo; 2009-07-23 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Update