The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Focus on folder minus one project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!

I just got myself a MacBook and of course bought OmniFocus right away.
I have used it on the iPad and iPhone for some time and now I'd really like to get myself some good perspectives. (Finally!! :))

My question:
I'd like to have a perspective focusing on all projects in a folder except one.
I'd expected that I could mark the folder and unmark one project in some way, but I have not found out how...
So, is it not possible?

Of course I can mark all projects in the folder except the one I don't want to see, but then I guess that projects I add to the folder later won't be a part of my perspective.

Best regards,
Lisa

Subdivide your folder with two folders. In one folder place you project you do not want to see. In the other folder place all your other projects (and add new projects to this folder). Then select this folder to be shown in your perspective.

Main Folder
↳Sub Folder 1
| ↳Project 1
| ↳Project 1
| ↳New Project
↳Sub Folder 2
| ↳Project to hide

The result would then be the one project you do is never seen in your prospective, but the other projects are including new projects add to the folder.

I answered a similar question in this thread.
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=29630

Thanks for your answer.
I can see that your suggestion is a solution that will work well. I am not sure though that I'd like a deeper nesting in my project tree than what I'm already having.
But thanks for your quick answer :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liffer View Post
I'd expected that I could mark the folder and unmark one project in some way, but I have not found out how...
So, is it not possible?
In Project Mode just select all the projects you want to include but not the folder or the project you want to skip in your perspective and FOCUS on those. Focus can be found on the toolbar, if its missing you can add it by customising the toolbar. Focus changes to Show All when its in use.

"Focus... / Show All" can also be found in the View Menu and has the keyboard shortcut CTRL CMD F.

Just re-read your original post and realised I've probably stated the obvious and not answered what you really wanted, but I can't now edit my post to remove it :(