The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Attaching files and URLs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Wow, that screenshot takes it further than I was thinking - it is amazing! But, as others were saying earlier, I want the option to open that resource note in an inspector-like panel that will remain open for as long as I focus on the project.

If I could also add MailTags smart folders created with the project name and / or tags... I'm already drooling. Already with URLs I can just put in the relevant del.icio.us tags.

Yes, mail tags integration would make me drool.

I love this thread!
- My immediate need: multiple attachments/notes on actions
- A little longer term: use OF to manage email discussion threads so I can have an empty inbox.
-Big picture: use OF to manage all the various local and remote resources that pertain to a project--pretty much what the other posters here are getting at.
- FYI: I have no interest in MailTags integration. Aren't we supposed to be getting out of the email trap?

Great work so far Omni...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajrsingh View Post
-Big picture: use OF to manage all the various local and remote resources that pertain to a project--pretty much what the other posters here are getting at.
You can already do this with a lot of apps e.g. Yojimbo, so why reinvent the wheel?

Hi,

I've searched around and didn't find anything on this so maybe it's new - I'm running revision 90304. Here is the text inside a pop-up which appears when I try to add text in the form of a URL in the notes field of any action:

"Alert
You are only allowed to set the new location to be between the most recent rewind mark and EOF, or the current position and EOF if there are no rewind marks."

This happens if I type a URL manually or if I enter it via the Format|Text|Link... menu item.

Hitting the only button on the pop-up ('Ok') clears the error but I cannot save the note - the pop-up just appears again until I clear the URL text. Non-URL formatted text can be saved w/o a problem.

Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr View Post
"Alert
You are only allowed to set the new location to be between the most recent rewind mark and EOF, or the current position and EOF if there are no rewind marks."
I got this same dialog the other day when I clicked on a URL in a note while using version 90302. I reported it as a bug. Quitting and relaunching OF allowed me to continue working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr View Post
"Alert
This bug was fixed in this morning's build.

Quote:
You can already do this with a lot of apps e.g. Yojimbo, so why reinvent the wheel?
Because I don't use, don't care for, and don't want to pay 40 bucks for yojimbo? Connecting resources to projects in an application that organizes projects makes perfect sense.