The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change Sort Order Oldest to Newest? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to sort projects using the Date Added from oldest to newest, where oldest projects would be at the top?

Here is what I am trying to accomplish... I've started to track client requests for website updates using OF. I have a folder called Requests and then I create a new project whenever a new request is made.

I'd like to view the requests in chronological order based on the date the project was created (added to OF). Ideally I'd like the oldest requests at the time because I generally will work from oldest to newest. Follow?

Maybe there is another way to accomplish this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpepper View Post
Is there any way to sort projects using the Date Added from oldest to newest, where oldest projects would be at the top?

Here is what I am trying to accomplish... I've started to track client requests for website updates using OF. I have a folder called Requests and then I create a new project whenever a new request is made.

I'd like to view the requests in chronological order based on the date the project was created (added to OF). Ideally I'd like the oldest requests at the time because I generally will work from oldest to newest. Follow?

Maybe there is another way to accomplish this?
In Planning view, group and sort projects by date Added (from the View bar). The most recent ones will be at the top (a stack), but you can start from the bottom if you need to process them as a queue.

You can do the same with individual actions in Context view.

Thanks, Brian. I was really looking for a way to get the oldest items at the top of the list. It is a minor issue. Just something that would be helpful to the way I work. I appreciate your time.

Oh, that's funny. I had just assumed that the little triangle icon on the left-hand side of the sorting button was itself a separate button that would allow you to reverse the sorting order. I guess that's not the case. It would be a nice feature, though.