The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question about sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not not a .mac customer and don't have access to a public WebDAV server. I was planning on syncing with a WebDAV server that I set up on my home network. Of course, this means that sync is going to fail when my iPhone is not on that network. Is OmniFocus for iPhone going to fail gracefully or will I need to dismiss a dialog box every time it happens?

Last edited by mattg; 2008-07-09 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: Title wasn't specific enough

I have installed it and have my answer. Timeout dialog. Bummer. It would be nice to have a way to disable that.

Good idea! We'll fix that in a future release.

Syncing with Mac comes with version 1.1 right? Bought OmniFocus for iPhone a few minutes ago.

Hi

I just purchased the iPhone app version and I am trying to get it to
sync with my Mac.

On the iPhone it says...

First , Set up OmniFocus synchronization on your Mac

• Open the OmniFocus Sync preference on your Mac, choose iDisk or
WebDAV, and sync once to get your database onto the server

Where is this?? Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem.

I believe OmniFocus 1.1 will support the iphone. 1.1 isn't expected until tomorrow though right?

I'm confused... Just bought OF iPhone, trying to synch with my desktop, installed 1.1, but you can't synch unless you got WebDav or iDisk? No good old computer <-> phone synch when you plugin your iPhone to your Mac? Seems strange... assuming I'm missing something here...

Yep 1.1 did the trick. Very cool work!

Yann - Apple didn't let third party developers access the sync process that iTunes fires off when you plug in your iPhone. All third party apps sync via WiFi or Edge.