The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zooming in presentation mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to zoom in presentation mode, or make an action (into to an object) that zooms in to a specific area?

This is a problem when I'm drawing items in to a single canvas, and when entering presentation mode, the canvas is shown in one single huge presentation and thus you cannot see things as they have become too small to make out.

As seen in the attachment, the presentation mode is zoomed out so that each object can be seen. It would be nice if you could zoom in into a specific object.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	presentationmode.jpg
Views:	1310
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	651  

I don't think you can do it, but I agree such a feature would be very nice indeed!

I'd vote for this too -- definitely useful for those huge maps.

You could overlap with transparent boxes that could be clicked to zoom into regions.

zuiprezi is a web presentation app that has this, plus other interesting features

While the highlighting in presentation mode is good for drawing attention, it would be great to be able to zoom in and out of a slide to concentrate on one section.

This would be esp. useful if you had another view of the window open, and are editing the currently zoomed section, i.e. changing labels, rearranging objects etc.

You might be able to get the editing features today by using two windows and two monitors.

The Pro version allows multiple windows on one document (not sure about non pro).

On the presentation monitor you can set up a window on your file and turn off all adornments (e.g. canvases, etc). It'd be close to a presentation mode. On your primary monitor you could have another view, with all your stencils and inspectors available and manipulate that view.

It's not 100%, but it would get you part way to what you were talking about today, if you needed to have a semi-work session. The movement / changing of objects is shown in both windows, so do you get some interactivity while still keeping all the mechanics "behind the curtain".

I might actually try this now that I'm thinking about it :)

-- Morgan