The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why is Omnifocus not communicating more re: syncing problems? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
C'mon OF, folks, from the chatter in these forums, it seems the OF iphone snycing is VERY problematic. I had it working like a champ with .mac. As soon as I got upgraded to mobileme, it does not work, and there is NO consistent reporting in the UI regarding what's going on! In fact, it seems to be doing a PARTIAL sync (which is even more troubling).

Everyone on the forum seems to be having a different problem with no consistent issues. For me, it's "timed out" (iphone error). There is no indication of an error in the desktop version, just no syncing.

I LOVE the OG products, but this feels more than a little rough around the edges. I for one do not have time to hack into the database files and spend hours on the problem as some in this forum have indicated. I just want the thing to work.

We're not communicating more because we're trying to help people, figure out exactly what's going on, and in the cases where we need to fix something, write code to fix something. :-)

Problems all get expressed roughly the same way: "Sync doesn't work". Often, that's all the customer can figure out, so that's what they tell us. To be clear, this is not a complaint, just a statement of fact.

Sometimes the end diagnosis does turn out to be a problem in our code, but other times it's stuff like "I didn't know about the view bar, so my synced actions from the phone were hidden from view" on the desktop. As you mentioned, there's a lot of variation.

Figuring out what is what takes time, and when there is so much variation, it doesn't translate well into FAQs. Forums, while valuable, also represent a subset of our customer base - there are more people that feel comfortable emailing us than feel comfortable posting here.

To help the widest number of people as quickly as possible, our priorities are roughly as follows:
Duplicate problems, test fixes, and/or write code, as appropriate.
Answer support mail.
Look at forums.
Sleep.

:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
To help the widest number of people as quickly as possible, our priorities are roughly as follows:
Duplicate problems, test fixes, and/or write code, as appropriate.
Answer support mail.
Look at forums.
Sleep.

:-)
I suggest that you add Eat onto the list :)