The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

sync issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to get OF for iphone up and running. I'm trying to use idisk as my means of syncing, but when I click the "sync now" button, nothing happens until eventually it times out with the "Unable to synchronize database with server".

Any tips on how to make this happen?

Thanks

I'm getting the same "timed out" error on my iPhone and on my MacBook Pro. Everything was working fine earlier this evening up until around 8:00 PM Pacific. I seem to be able to get to my iDisk fine from Finder and from Transmit, so MobileMe seem like it's up. Maybe syncing was broken in the most recent sneakypeak (Revision: 103021)?

Here's what Console is reporting:

Code:
7/17/08 9:52:45 PM OmniFocus[4113] sync terminated with error: {
    code = -1001;
    domain = NSURLErrorDomain;
    userInfo =     {
        NSErrorFailingURLKey = "https://idisk.mac.com/<redacted>/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus";
        NSErrorFailingURLStringKey = "https://idisk.mac.com/<redacted>/Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus";
        NSLocalizedDescription = "timed out";
        NSUnderlyingError =         {
            code = -1001;
            domain = kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork;
            userInfo =             {
            };
        };
    };
}

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-07-17 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: Added Console output

Dennis,

I am sure it was MobileMe. I had the same problem but it is back up.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. Yeah, it occurred to me after I quit for the night that my iPhone also wasn't syncing and there had been no software updates on there, so it couldn't just be the new sneakypeak version I installed on my MacBook Pro. It had to be some kind of problem with MobileMe.

But it still puzzles me why I was able to connect to my iDisk with the Finder and Transmit but not with OmniFocus. The only thing I can think of is maybe the Finder and Transmit connect with HTTP while OmniFocus connects with HTTPS. So maybe there was only a problem with the secure (HTTPS) connection?

Anyway, mine is working again this morning too. So no worries. Thanks.

-Dennis