The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Desperately need timeline software Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, folks. Coming here with a software request because everyone here is pretty savvy and knowledgeable.

I'm writing a book with about 50 characters, probably 200 events, 4 story arcs, and a lot of other complex stuff.

I need some sort of timeline software that will show multiple timelines, maybe one for each character (or at the very least, story arc). It's got to have easy resizing of the timeline ability, just like OmniPlan.

Also ready need ability to input entities like events, characters, and arcs--all with a tags ability or relational database structure (and hopefully more, like location) types of entities.

I've already tried StoryMill (not a bad writing program, but timeline interface is crippled), Timeline 3D (multiple timeliness, but no drag and drop or relational database architecture), and Aeon Timeline (promising, and will eventually integrate with Scrivener, which I'm using, but it's still alpha). PersonalBrain is too centric and not good at seeing (and scrolling) entire linear structure.

Any recommendations? One person recommended Tinderbox, but I'm not sure if it will due duty for the timeline graphic aspects required.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--Sandy

I've heard good things about Bee Docs Timeline, though I have not actually used it. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I've heard good things about Bee Docs Timeline, though I have not actually used it. Hope this helps.
I've had that one for awhile. It's great for what it does, and it creates beautiful displays. But it's not a good app for managing thousands of bits of info or building a good architectural structure for having ability to filter such info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
...I need some sort of timeline software that will show multiple timelines, maybe one for each character (or at the very least, story arc). It's got to have easy resizing of the timeline ability, just like OmniPlan...
Why not use OmniPlan???

Aeon is looking promising...for Macs only, as yet.

Aeon is looking promising...for Macs only, as yet.

http://aeontimeline.wordpress.com/20...ng-story-arcs/

http://www.scribblecode.com/

Sadly, I have PC...can't afford Mac