The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating Tasks (have read the FAQ) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello Everyone.

First of all let me just say I love Omnifocus, as someone with ADHD, using the program with the principles of GTD have been life changing.

That said I was looking to get a little help.

OK say I have a project "Tidy Room"

Within this project I have a bunch of groups with single actions e.g.

Dust
- Dust Shelves
- Dust Bed
- Dust misc surfaces
- Dust Desk

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

I have been playing around with repeating tasks, but say I have just tidied my desk and mark it as done, I'd like the task to repeat but not be available immediately e.g. remind me in 2 weeks when things may be getting messy again. Is there currently anyway to do this?

Last edited by withnail; 2009-02-26 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: typo

Give tidy desk a start date, set repeat to every two weeks, set repeat from completion date. Setting a due date is not needed. Then when you mark the task as completed, OF will repeat the task, but it will not show as available until two weeks.